Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Best School Year Ever

By: Barbara Robinson

The Herdmens are the six children most well-known for taking over the Christmas Pageant in the story The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.  But, their meanness and awful behavior take place all year.  This story follows the family through an entire school year.  While the students try to stay out of their way, there are hints that there might be a tiny bit of good in the Herdmens after all.

Mrs. Senechal says:
Each December, I look forward to reading The Best Christmas Pageant Ever each year to my class.  I still laugh every time!  This book is just as good.  I love reading about all the dreadful things the Herdmens do - and how they get away with them every time!  I also like how the Herdmens also end up surprising people, too.

No comments: