Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Strange Case of Origami Yoda

By: Tom Angleberger

Dwight is the weirdest kid in school, but Tommy wonders if his finger puppet, "Origami Yoda" has magical abilities. It seems that Dwight makes lots of goofy and strange choices, but if the students ask Origami Yoda for advice, it almost always proves to be wise words to follow. This book is a collection of Tommy's and his friends' stories of information about Dwight and advice they've gotten from Origami Yoda.

Mrs. Senechal says:
As a Star Wars fan, I couldn't pass by this book. At first the story seemed a bit silly, but I have to admit that reading all of "Origami Yoda's" lines while imagining I could hear them as Yoda would say them made me laugh. I also thought the author did a good job of portraying what middle school kids are often thinking. It's a quick, fun read - especially if you like Yoda.

No comments: