Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Maze Runner

By: James Dashner

Thomas wakes up in a steel box that is moving upwards like an elevator.  When the top
opens he sees the faces of many boys near his age.  While Thomas seems to have some memories, he has no idea what is going on.  It soon becomes obvious that he and the other boys are trapped inside a deadly maze.  Some of the boys have been trying to get out for two years.  The day after Thomas arrives, a girl is sent in the box - the first time kids have arrived on back-to-back days, and the first girl, and they know nothing will be the same.

Mrs. Senechal says:
I have seen the previews for this movie, and I wanted to read the book first.  If you like mystery and suspense, you will really like this book!  From the first moment, I was trying to figure out what was going on.  This is the first book in a series of four, and I look forward to continuing the series.  I would recommend this book for students in junior high.

No comments: