Monday, July 4, 2011

Flawed Dogs

By: Berkeley Breathed


Sam the Lion, a dachshund, has been through a lot.  Crazed dog show ladies, a cruel poodle, a bear trap, a dog fight, and several harrowing escapes actually cause Sam to plan the downfall of the famous Westminster Dog Show.  From the beginning, Heidy sees that Sam has the heart of a Lion which draws the two into a special friendship.  Sam also makes friends with a band of misfit, flawed dogs - their flaws actually become the strengths that help them to make their plan a success!


Mrs. Senechal says:
As a dachshund owner, I couldn't wait to read this book.  However, I have never liked sad books about dogs, and since I wasn't sure how this book would end, I put off reading it.  I encourage you not to wait - it's a great book!  The author does a wonderful job of describing the sweet, special bond between a girl and her dog.  Even though Sam has to go through many difficult things, he comes through each one in a heroic way.  There were some parts that tugged at my heart, but their were more parts that made me grin and even laugh out loud.  If you like dogs, you will really like this book!

No comments: