Friday, October 16, 2009

Island (series)

By: Gordon Korman

Six kids are sent to the island of Guam to be part of a program designed to help troubled kids turn their lives around. All there for different reasons, the six were to participate in a boating experience that would build character and help them make positive changes in their lives. Little did they know how drastically they would be changed! Through a terrible storm at sea, an explosion, wild animals, smugglers, and many other dangers, the six young people learn valuable lessons about what is really important in life.

Mrs. Senechal says:
This is an amazing series! The author creates a story with so many suspenseful events - I loved it! I actually listened to these three books on my iPod, and I had a hard time turning it off. It's really neat to learn about the six different characters and how their wide range of differences are what help them to survive. If you like exciting adventure books, I highly recommend this series!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the book!Madi

Anonymous said...

I loved this series, too!Mackenzie

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the book (the series)!!Regan