Sunday, June 7, 2009

Emmy and the Incredible Shrinking Rat


By: Lynne Jonell

At the beginning of this story, Emmy feels like she is invisible - her teacher can't remember her name, her classmates never hear her or even seem to see her. Emmy's parents travel, and even though she knows they love her, they are rarely at home. Emmy has to put up with her nanny who makes her take lots of lessons, see the school counselor, and eat weird foods. But, when Emmy starts hearing, and talking, to the class's pet rat, things begin to change. Emmy finds out some rodents have mysterious powers!

Mrs. Senechal says:
As I read the first few chapters, I wasn't sure if I would like this book. I felt sorry for Emmy, and the book seemed kind of depressing. But once Emmy starts to find out what her nanny has been up to and begins to make some good friends, the book was more exciting. It was good modern fantasy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am Mrs. Senechal's sister, and I am a sixth grade teacher at Grace Lutheran School in Salt Lake City. Many of my students have read this book and loved it. Happy reading!!